What is Motor Carrier Reimbursement Insurance?

When Great West writes your physical damage coverage, you can also add optional Motor Carrier Reimbursement insurance. This product is designed for owner-operators (not motor carrier employees), to reimburse them only for any loss to property for which they are contractually responsible to a motor carrier. It applies to such things as auto property damage liability, physical damage to the lessee’s trailer, and cargo. It does not apply to property of the owner-operator. You also have the option of choosing one, two, or all three of these coverages. The deductible requirement must be part of a written lease agreement. You must pay the first $100 of a covered loss. Other retention amounts are available.

This summary is intended for informational purposes only and does not replace or modify the definitions or information contained in any insurance policy or declaration page, which controls all coverage determinations. Terms and conditions may vary by state, and exclusions may apply.