Bodily Injury and Property Damage Liability
This part of your Commercial General Liability coverage focuses on physical injury of others while on your property or through the course of business.
- Includes customer injury while on your premises
- Includes injury of a vendor, manufacturer, or authority while on your property
- Includes damage to customer or third-party’s property while they are on your grounds
- Includes dog bites from watchdogs or a trucker’s dog
- Includes defense for negligent hiring practices
- Includes your truck driver’s actions while representing your company, including at truck stops, weight stations, rest areas, restaurants, and while interacting with clients
This portion of Commercial General Liability covers medical costs for physical injuries sustained by people on your business premises, including those associated with the Bodily Injury coverage above.
Personal Injury and Advertising Injury Liability
This component of your Commercial General Liability coverage focuses on injuries that aren’t physical in nature but result from negligence on your part.
- Includes unintentional false claims about a competitor
- Includes libel, slander, and defamation claims
- Includes using another company’s logo or slogan without permission or copyright infringement
Products / Completed Operations
This part of your Commercial General Liability policy focuses on bodily injury or property damage that happens as a result of delivering, or not delivering, someone else's goods. This coverage extends to items not covered by Auto Liability insurance.
- Includes claims of delivery errors that result in damage
- Includes delivery of damaged products
- Includes claims against your driver when they are on the premises of another company’s loading docks, for example, while they’re using loading and unloading devices that aren’t attached to a truck or trailer, such as a forklift, front-end loader, or crane.
Damage to Premises you rented
This portion of Commercial General Liability coverage focuses on damage, including fire, to the property you rent for up to seven days. Many landlords will require this coverage as part of your lease agreement.